Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crafts by Inspiration


Well, I've decided that I have zero crafting skills whatsoever. On Wednesday, I met with my Visiting Teacher, Lizzie, and she had shown me a skirt that she made a few years ago and a blanket sewing kit that her mother had sent her for Halloween. She had invited me to make skirts with her and I was rather embarrassed to tell her that I had no idea how to even start making a skirt. Since then, I have decided that I am going to learn to get crafty.

I have a few ideas of things that I'd like to make:

The first thing would be a few skirts. When Lizzie showed me her modest that she had made, I got super jealous! I'm not 100% sure of the fabric I'd like to use, but I think I'm going to challenge myself and try to make my skirt have pockets (if that's a challenge?)

Second, I want to learn how to really crochet again. I learned how to make a simple knot a few years ago, but nothing more than that. After spending Conference Weekend at Jayson's parent's house and watching Taylor, his sister, crochet several blankets, it sparked my creative mind.


And finally, Jayson and I really need coasters. I was browsing on the internet at craft idea's and I found a site that explains how to make coasters for a grand total of about a $1.50 or less and figured that those would be a lot cheaper than going out and buying coasters.



And I'm pretty sure I'll come up with more idea's soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment