Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spinach, Strawberries, and Granola

Hello all!

Jayson and I have come to the conclusion that when we both get lazy, especially after working night time shifts, we resort to eating fast food/snack foo
d/unhealthy food instead of cooking a balanced meal. It's not that we dislike cooking, it just gets time consuming and..lets face it, who wants to cook at 11:30 at night? Ya..not us.

So anyway, we decided that we would cut out all fast food and as much unhealthy food items as possible. We started looking up healthy recipes online and I came across this super yummy salad!

Spinach, Strawberries, and Granola
  • one bag of fresh spinach
  • 1/4 cup of granola (you can find different types in a bag at the grocery store)
  • 5-7 fresh strawberries
  1. Using as much spinach as you like, chop up to smaller pieces (it helps to eat smaller bites than the leaves) and add to bowl.
  2. Chop 2-3 strawberries into bite sized pieces and add to bowl
  3. Mix the spinach and strawberries to ensure that every bite will have spinach and strawberry!
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 depending on how big or little of a salad you'd like
  5. Add the 1/4 cup of granola and toss the salad

And there you have it! The recipe I found didn't call for the granola, and gave instructions for how to make a dressing.. but I did not have the ingredients to do so at home, so I decided to add the granola myself. I must say that it was a yummy concoction! And the best thing about it? It takes 7 minutes to make!!

(I didn't take this picture..the one I had taken was way too large)


No comments:

Post a Comment